Daily Mohave County Political News


Visit our Facebook Page for detailed Daily Mohave County Political News http://www.facebook.com/wethepeopleofmohavecounty



Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Candidacy of Hildy Angius

By Elmer Whittaker 08/ 18/2011
Although Hildy Angius is one of my Facebook friends and apparently has been active in the Mohave County Republican Party for some time now as I understand, I probably along with many others know very little of and about her as well as her political views and stances.

I found Hildy Angius’ statement as printed in the Mohave Daily News on August 2, 2011 http://www.mohavedailynews.com/articles/2011/08/15/news/local/doc4e48caee8339d676331177.txt when announcing her candidacy for Board of Supervisors in 2012 of utmost interest, as I have been one who moved to Kingman in the hopes for privacy and exactly as Angius said to be left alone. In fact it was the main motivation of leaving Las Vegas and moving somewhere into the desert.

“She said she’s concerned that Mohave County is losing the qualities that made it attractive to newcomers. “I left New York City, I left San Diego and I came to a place where I thought I’d be left alone and I think a lot of people come to Mohave County because they want to be left alone and little by little, that’s ending,” Angius said.”
To me liberty, justice and the pursuit of happiness has always been of utmost importance. I just wanted to be left alone. Live and let live was my motto.

Hildy Angius’ comment about people just wanting to be left alone in their privacy is filled with the yearning for the liberty we already started to lose. Her views on the subject of liberty but also on fiscal responsibility sound very Libertarian to me.

I think Mohave County is very much in need of more Libertarianism to regain at least some of the freedoms we have lost. Hildy Angius could be a major force in restoring liberty and justice for all in Mohave County.

I certainly will keep an eye on Hildy and learn more about her political views and agendas.



Visit our Facebook Page for detailed Daily Mohave County Political News http://www.facebook.com/wethepeopleofmohavecounty