Daily Mohave County Political News


Visit our Facebook Page for detailed Daily Mohave County Political News http://www.facebook.com/wethepeopleofmohavecounty



Friday, July 29, 2011

Rick Sherwood and the Mohave County Folks Group

By Elmer Whittaker © 2011

Rick Sherwood, since you addressed me directly in your posting in your newly formed facebook group Mohave County folks, I suppose I should respond directly. I wasn’t actually planning to get involved with problems immediately. But it seem like I have already been reprimanded without even saying a word. Not that I’m not used to that, but it’s a bit surprising coming from you. Well, maybe not.


Unfortunately, your new group came without description or manual. No do’s and dont’s posted. So I added some of my facebook friends whom I had already suggested to you after our meeting. All of them had a profile (last time I looked) and I think all of them with one exception lived in Mohave County and have a vested political interest in Mohave County.

Yes, I really think you should appreciate each and every one of them as they are not really so easy to find together.

I know I joined Barry Hess. One of the best known Board Members of Arizona’s Libertarian Party. He does indeed not live in Mohave County, but I can assure you that he does indeed have a vested interest in Mohave County politics as the Arizona Libertarian Party is planning on opening an official Mohave County Libertarian Party Chapter. I cannot imagine that you would have removed Tom Morrissey if he was to get a Facebook account and would have joined.

Just as Beth Soloe, I cannot see Bonnie Kelley another Libertarian on the membership list anymore. I know they had a profile and do live in Mohave County. I also know that many people in your group know her well. Bridget Bockius (Lewison) another Libertarian and Independent Frank Costigan are missing too. They live in Bullhead City and Frank was just a candidate for Mayor in Bullhead City running against Republican Jack Hakim.


What is wrong with you, Rick Sherwood? As current Mohave County Commissioner of the Mohave County Planning and Zoning Commission you told me you wanted to gain the voters support for you running for Board of Supervisors in 2012. You didn’t say a word about discriminating against people who are not Republicans. All of the missing people were Libertarians and Independents.

This is really shameful.

At least after me protesting loud enough you let some of the removed group members back into your Mohave County folks group. However, it did not surprise me that it didn’t take you long to now single me out for removal for some imaginary reason. Censoring of free speech and the removal of inconvenient postings and members has since become a regular part of your groups operation.

In my wildest dreams I cannot imagine how you could possibly serve the people of Mohave County as Planning and Zoning Commissioner or even worse as member of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors when you already discriminate against constituents with other party affiliation, opinions, or other criteria’s while showing your disdain for the constitution and freedom of speech.


Visit our Facebook Page for detailed Daily Mohave County Political News http://www.facebook.com/wethepeopleofmohavecounty